ready.legal is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principlesset by the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information, visit www.privacy.gov.au.
Collection of personal information
We collect limited personal information such as title, name, and contact details (address, phone, fax and email) from the forms on this website and in the conduct of our business. We collect this information from:
- clients, potential clients and those persons requesting costs estimates and making enquiries
- job applicants and business associates
- visitors to our practice and website
- our employees, contractors and suppliers
- others we come into contact us.
In some instances, we also collect information on your occupation, age group and interests, and where you have been referred to us from.
We only collect sensitive personal information, such as financial information and personal wishes, when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
- Contact us for further information
- Enter into a retainer with our firm
- Participate in surveys and other types of research
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Register your details on our website
- Ask for a costs estimate
- Submit a job application or résumé
Other information we may collect
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
The site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customise the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
How we use your information
We use your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better legal services. Specifically, we use personal information to:
- provide legal advice and act on your behalf
- deal with your queries, enquiries or customer service issues
- provide you with support or related services as required from related entities
- maintain and develop our computer and business systems
- keep you up-to-date with information we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels (you will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time)
- plan and conduct business development or research purposes
- comply with our legal obligations
Use and disclosure of personal information
We use and disclosure your personal information to other people and organisations when:
- they are employed by us
- they are your authorised representatives
- they are our professional advisors
- they are regulated or authorised by law to collect or use the information
- we have your consent to share the information
- we need to share your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested
- we need to send your information to companies that provide a service to ready.legal in the course of our legal practice
- we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information
We do not sell your personal information, contact details or any client databases to any third parties for market research or contact purposes. We do not sell or give out personal information to overseas organisations or agencies.
Failure to provide us with your personal information
Your failure to provide us with your personal information, whether that is information requested by us, required by law or otherwise necessary for us to act on your behalf or provide you with a service, may result in us terminating any client agreement, retainer or other relationship. We will only terminate any such relationship after notice is given to you from us that if the information is not provided we can no longer act and providing you with a reason as to why the particular information is required.
Quality of personal information
Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us by email or fax if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. No fee applies to correction of personal information.
Access to personal information
Should you wish to access your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer.
If, for any reason, you would like to be removed from our mailing lists, please email or fax us and clearly state your full name and address as it appears on the communication piece you received from us.
Commitment to data security
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precaution to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Changes to this statement
Contact UsPlease do not hesitate to contact us for more information.